Friday, August 7, 2009

A commenter hits the Ottawa Centre nail on the head

A commenter left this, and I agree so much with it that I feel I have to advertise it some more:

"I think both candidates for the nomination have relevant professional and volunteer backgrounds, and both are good people, but I am supporting Scott for two main reasons.

First, I think that his dynamic personality and charisma gives us a real chance against Paul Dewar. The only way this riding will be won back from the NDP is by winning swing voters over, and inspiring former Liberals to come back to the fold. This takes charisma as well as a solid background. Scott is the only candidate with that charisma as well as the background.

Second, I have a lot more respect for someone who has been in the trenches with the rest of the Ottawa Centre Liberal community who decides to run for nomination, then someone who hasn't helped the Liberals before deciding to run for the nomination. How can you lead a team if you don't have any experience working with that team, or in politics at all? How can you think you can just walk into a volunteer political organization and take the top job without ever lifting a finger to help them in the past?

Scott has helped out in a lot of previous campaigns and no job was to small or too big for him. I think that, as Liberals, we should reward loyalty and hard work. Scott's got the whole package and I think he can win the nomination AND the election."

No comments: