Follow Charles on Twitter!
A great week for the Charles Sousa campaign! After solid performances in the all candidates debates, and fantastic youth turnout at our pub night and the UTM Winterfest, Charles Sousa has rolled out his plan for Northern Ontario in the run up to the Northern region leadership debate tomorrow. Take a look!
Ontario Liberal leadership candidate, Charles Sousa, has the right plan to create jobs for northern families.
His vision for the North will mean accelerated job creation, better transit and more local decision making.
His plan has three points:
1. Further develop the mining sector and speed up the Ring of Fire to create jobs for northern families.
The Ring of Fire is one of the largest chromite deposits in the world, offering enormous untapped potential to create jobs for northern families and economic benefit for all of Ontario. To fast-track development in the area, Sousa will:
- Work with investors to reach deals that create jobs and provide new net returns for Ontario in the North;
- Invest better transportation systems to the North;
- Expand energy transmission capacity; and
- Engage First Nations partners so that they share and benefit from job creation and economic stimulus.
“We need to act now to create these jobs. Developing the Ring of Fire will be my top priority for the North,” said Sousa.
2. Support a reliable and sustainable ONTC to connect northern communities.
The recent decision to divest the ONTC has many communities concerned about how they’ll travel between communities. “Transit is vital to continued growth and important to northern families. That’s why I am committed to a sustainable, reliable ONTC that connects the North and supports jobs,” said Sousa.
3. Act upon local input into decision-making and build municipal partnerships.
Like other regions of the province, people in the North need to know that their input is valued and their priorities will be acted upon. “Under my leadership, local solutions will come from local input, because not all good ideas come from the Premier’s office.”
Sousa is running to be Ontario’s Jobs Premier and has already put forward several concrete ways to create jobs now. More information is available online at www.votesousa.ca.